Wednesday 11 August 2010

Shoes, fit to sit.

March 5, 2005
Leather store.

During the past 30 years my shoes need amendments to keep my ankle straight. Normally in my home country this costs a lot of money. I have to buy a pair of leather boots myself. And I have to pay part of the amendments myself.

The first time I visitied Thailand I came accross this leatherstore in Hua Hin. The sign told me they make shoes, belts, wallets, jackets, etc. After a first visit I brought one of my shoes to the store. Within a few days they made a perfect copy including the amendments. And I was the proud owner of a new pair of leather boots, fit to sit in my wheelchair. Since then I go back wheever I need new shoes.

So in case you visit Thailand consider taking a pair of old shoes to make a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment